Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Friday, January 18, 2008

Thursday's List




This is the "List." It's how I start my day (after the coffee and making the kids breakfast). The "List" is adapted the night before to include the things that didn't get checked off. Then, the calendar is reviewed and the new events and "to dos" are added. At the bottom of the list are those extra things that probably won't get done today but need to be kept in mind. This is how the list keeps me on task.

I have several lists: this list, the grocery list, the "honey-do" list, the "one day" list, and there are others lurking in various places; each in it's own notepad designated for the type of list it is. This is "THE List," the daily list a/k/a the "Yellow Pad" list. I love yellow pads. It's not the yellow, it's the pad itself. It's crisp, businesslike and matter-o-fact.

With the list, there is always a pencil. A sharp pencil. I could use a mechanical pencil, but it just isn't the same. It feels like cheating. If you check my purse, my bedside table, my console in my vehicle, you'll probably find at least one freshly sharpened pencil. If it's not there, it's because my daughter took it. She likes note pads and sharp pencils too. You can probably guess where she gets that from. In my pantry you'll find a cup with multiple sharpened pencils (it's right next to my electric pencil sharpener). And, in the cabinet you'll probably find a package of new, unsharpened pencils -- the "spares."

Pens are nice, but unforgiving. I do usually have one favorite pen that feels "just right" in my hand. I use it for those duties that only a pen can do. Like signing checks. Thank You notes. And, other things that are meant to be permanent or that require more formality than a pencil can offer.

So, now you know one of my quirky Obsessive Compulsions. Maybe next time I'll share my quirks about folding laundry. And, those of you who know me well, know exactly what I mean ;)


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Krishna said...

LMAO--you forgot to put "pick up kids from school!" LOLOLOLOL

Scottifer said...

AWWW CALL BROTHER. WHICH ONE THE GOOD ONE OR THE BAD ONE?

Labels