Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Monday, June 9, 2008

SAY CHEESE!



Aren't they cute?! You can click the pic for a full size zoom. My FAV/FAB FIL gave each of the grandkids a cow. And, the calves from the cows will be sold and the money will go into savings for "college funds" and stuff. Cool, right?

Anyhow, the named four cows would not cooperate completely. Meaning, they wouldn't all pose together for a picture. Frustrated my FIL a little, LOL! But, he did get some pics of two together here and two together there.

If I had to do the whole education thing and that part/time of life all over again (FYI? I would never, ever, ever, EVER, do my life over again....my childhood is not to be repeated. Unless, I could live the childhood my kiddos have.) I would go into raising and breeding cattle. I LOVE COWS. I HEART COWS.

Interesting Fact: Did you know that there are people trained to palpate a cow to see if she has become pregnant from breeding with a bull? The guy/person wears this arm length condom type glove and he "inserts his hand and arm all the way up to the shoulder" into the, um, appropriate orafice and "feels around" for the "pregnancy sack" or growing baby calf inside [I'm not sure how long they wait for gestation before doing this.]

If she's not pregnant, then she gets left with the Bull again for impregnation.

Guys, ya'll will like this part: Lucky Bull, he gets ALLLLLL the ladies. He just saunters around and mounts whomever he feels like....that's his JOB. His one and only job. And, I don't know how many of you have seen a bull's....um.....appendage, but I'm talking 24 inches? EASY. Very possibly longer. [Hey, I've seen them but never close enough to actually pull out the tape measure.] If you are a guy? That's gotta' get ya' thinking.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, so today is a three post bloggie day. I know, I know, y'all are wondering how I possibly was able to find the time for three separate posts with all the other projects I'm working on?

Okay, so you didn't know about all the other projects, but just the same, right? Well, I took the time I saved today on driving the kids to and from school. That adds up to about 30-40 minutes round trip times two trips a day (including loading, unloading, etc.)

Whala! Bloggie time!

So, be sure to check out my other two post for the day (below). And, please. Kindly? If you aren't bored to tears? Comment! I love me some comments!!!! Lots, and lots of comments. It feeds my ego.

Happy Monday, again. And, I Heart me some comments!
Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Krishna said...

You could butcher one of those precious faces for organic beef and save a ton on meat for the next year. Especially with the price of meat skyrocketing!

I saw the guy on dirty jobs palpate a horse, it was totally gross. Don't think you could pay me enough to do that job!

Jay said...

Don't let the kids give them names. Once you've given them names they become pets and you can't kill them and eat them. You feel guilty about it!

gary rith said...

all the ladies?

Tink said...

Wow. I think I want to come back as a bull in my next life. ;)

gary rith said...

I keep voting, but I'm starting to wonder if a bright green and blue scheme wouldn't be nice...

Labels