Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The TICKET...an update.

So, remember sometime last week when I was spreading the thankful because that kind DPS officer let me out of a ticket due to my emotional breakdown? Well, turns out, he let me out of half the ticket. When I finally read the paperwork and figured it out, I didn't have the heart to tell all of you because I didn't want to break your faith in the kindness of people. I thought it nicer to not mention it and let you go on believing in mercy. The officer DID let me off for my insurance card being a few days out dated. But, he did NOT let me off for the exceeding the speed limit. When I saw this on the pink slip that I read a few days later, I didn't know what exactly to do. I surely didn't want DH to know because the officer caught me just around the curve that dropped 20 mph from the typical 70 mph speed limit on this little stretch of highway. Oh yes. I did say 20 mph. Which means that when I hit the gas to jump out onto this little stretch of highway, and forgot to quit accelerating as I was in a hurry and frenzy and looking to reach optimum speed, the officer clocked me well over the drop in the speed limit. He clocked me at $225.00 over. YIKES! So, I did what any rational Gal would do while trying to figure out, "What to do." I folded it up and tucked it in my drawer in hopes that if I clicked my heals together it might go "away." FAST FORWARD: Yesterday. RING! RING! ME: "Hello?" FIL: "Did you get a ticket last week??" ME: GULP. "Um, yes, kinda....I think, maybe." FIL: "Well, he [the judge] called me up and told me about it. But, we talked and he told me to tell you not to worry about showing up for anything. He's gonna' make it disappear." ME: "Really, oh thanks!" FIL: "You need to slow down out there. You know that speed limit drops at that curve and it stays 55 all the way through yada-yada." ME: "I know. It was an emotional day. Remember we had just got back.....And, my mom didn't have her meds.....And....." ME: "I was so upset. I didn't even tell DH about it." FIL: "Well, there's no reason he needs to know." I can hear the smile in his voice. My FIL rocks! Didn't I tell you? I'm such a lucky Gal. Oh, and who knew!? If you fold it up and tuck it away in the back of a drawer in hopes it will disappear? Sometimes, it really will! BACKGROUND: My FIL is the Mayor of our little Farmville. In fact, he is the one who had our little stretch of Texas annexed into our little Farmville way back in the 80s. I think after this year, he is finally going to retire. But, he's a man with history and everyone around here has known everyone for generations. It's so nice. Small town life like that. Optimism. It's a really good thing. Living like it will all work itself out is a good strategy. Because, one way or another, it always does. Am I right? Give it a try. Wear that one for a day. As the stresses of the day hit you, say to yourself, "It will all work out in the end, one way or another." And, then tuck it away for awhile in the back of that drawer in your mind. You just might get lucky and catch a break....
Share/Bookmark

14 comments:

Just Me said...

FW: Give it a try. Wear that one for a day. As the stresses of the day hit you, say to yourself, "It will all work out in the end, one way or another." And, then tuck it away for awhile in the back of that drawer in your mind. You just might get lucky and catch a break....

You do not know how true this very post is ringing true right now. So I am going to take your advice and in hopes this lil afternoon "incident" will disappear. *sigh* Thanks! This post just might ease my stress. :)

Anonymous said...

I had to pick my chin up off the floor over the cost of that ticket. Holy moly!

Hooray for FILs!!

Anonymous said...

FIL does rock! Awesome story.

The Queen said...

You are just too cute.. I got to take time today to watch your latest vblog.. Now I am off on my magic carpet to buy Tink some dog food.. have a great day kiddo..

THE QUEEN

Anonymous said...

$225?!? Good Gravy!!! My one and only speeding ticket in 27 years of driving? was in the middle of nowhere TX, right where West Texas becomes hill country, speed limit was 75, I was going 92... downhill, passing a 2nd vehicle... trooper saw me from the opposite side of the divided highway. That one was only $106 or maybe $103, I've blocked some of that painful memory. I cried for hours. (Hard to drive the rest of the way to S.A. when you're crying - just sayin')
Lucky you, getting it "taken care of." Mine wasn't, but it didn't go on my record for whatever crazy reason. So I guess it sort of *was* taken care of!
Still, I've been shoving lots of things into the backs of drawers lately, and it hasn't helped. *sigh*

Gary's third pottery blog said...

225??????????????????????????????

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

YEP! $225.00! My heart jumped into my throat when I saw that. I was trying to figure out how I could cover it without my hubby knowing because I totally did not want to stress him out about it!

And, I didn't want to eat the crow he'd feed me either.

Which is why I tucked in the drawer to "forget" about it for a few days. Thank the Lord! He does work in mysterious ways! Tis True!

tt said...

Saweeeeeetness!!!
Bby-girl, you do indeed live a charmed life.
I totally mised that whole post. I'll have to go back and catch up.

See, that's what all those storage boxes up in my grape are for....for sortin' and wishin' and hopin'....
;)

Jay said...

The big advantage of small towns is that things like this can happen. If a cop pulls you over for two violations he will usually let one of them go, but never both. Cops suck. LOL ;-)

g-man said...

That is what I like about our neighborhood. It has that small town feel. I still miss living in a real small town. :)

Do you ever call him Mayor McCheese? :)

Prohomemaker.Com said...

LOL, all your Google ads now are about "Too many traffic tickets" "Fighting a speeding ticket" etc

We should post some weird word over and over and see what kinda Google ads we get -- how about "choking game"

:-)

Yellow Beads said...

that's awesome!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Wow! You are one lucky gal. I can't believe it drops that dramatically though. That's got to be some curve!

Dez said...

WOO HOO! I want your FIL & MIL to be mine! Just LOVE 'EM!
DH won't hear it from me! :)

Labels