Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Saturday, March 14, 2009

ICE CREAM PIE! Thank Pillbury!

INGREDIENTS Crust 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box Filling 4 cups (1 quart) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened 1/2 cup caramel topping 1/2 cup fudge topping 3/4 cup Spanish peanuts (4 oz) Additional peanuts, if desired DIRECTIONS 1. Heat oven to 450°F. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate. Cool on cooling rack 15 minutes. 2. Layer 2 cups of the ice cream in crust. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the caramel topping and 1/4 cup of the fudge topping. Sprinkle with peanuts. Layer remaining 2 cups ice cream over peanuts. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. 3. Drizzle individual servings with remaining caramel topping and fudge topping. Sprinkle with additional peanuts. Cover and freeze any remaining pie.
If you are an ice cream lover and a sweet lover, this pie will hit you right where you want it to -- tummy central!
Thank Pillsbury for the recipe.  Their pie crusts are awesome and super easy.  I love cooking from scratch but I never make homemade pie crusts because who needs to mess with that when these are easier and tastier?
Even my cherry pies.  I do the basket weave across the top for that pretty and professional look. All I have to do is cut one of the round pie crusts into strips and weave it across the top!  Whala!  Beautiful pie and tasty crust in minutes.
Be sure to sign up with Pillsbury.com.  I just printed over $12.00 worth of coupons (their pizza crust is grand too!  And, typically I DO prefer to make my own pizza crust).
Pillsbury will send you emails once a week or biweekly with tons of coupons and great simple recipes.  Recipes for meals, entertaining, quick snacks, etc.
The savings comes when I combine my printed coupons Pillsbury so kindly email me with those great clippings from the Sunday coupon flyers.  [Pillsbury has coupons at least twice a month for their products in the Sunday flyers.]
Just trying to share the Yum!  And, share the Savings!  Mother's Day is at my house this year and I think I be serving this pie for dessert -- it'll be super Hot here by May!! 
Perfect Ice Cream Weather!
Happy Saturday, AGAIN!!


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recipe looks great, but my husband* can tell the difference between my homemade crust and a store-bought crust. Maybe I could make my own crust and then use the rest of the recipe?

*yes, he is spoiled!

PS: Perfect post today, because it is PI DAY today!! 3.14

Dez said...

What? You trying to fatten us up? Looks too yummy tho. :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

kc Pillsbury crust is not those frozen in the pie pan crusts. It's way yummy and I think better than a homemade crust. :-)

Labels