Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Living the Dream....

Happy 4th of July everyone!  I hope your day is swell, whether you have big plans for a 4th of July Bash or just a low key bar-b-q around at the casa.
We had some friends come out after swimming yesterday and the hubby's came too and it was a wonderful visit and meal to boot!  Krishna (my BB), Miss Les, and the kids all headed over and we had a fun, good time!
We are going to have to do that more often. ;-)
Anyhow, I was cleaning my house today and looking around and watching hubby work on the back porch and the new drive that is going in (all in time for the big "surprise" YAY) and it just hit me.
I'm living the Dream.  Really.  I mean sure we all have little gripes here and there and nothing in life is perfect, yada-yada.  But, overall?  In my life....it's pretty swell and pretty well close to the "P" word (perfect, not the nasty one).
Sometimes as I'm walking into my house or cooking something in the kitchen, it hits me.  "We are living in our dream home!"  After 12 years of saving and cramping the four of us in our little old house we are finally here.  The same thing happens sometimes when I'm watching my children play, or they say the sweetest something or I'm tucking them into bed with sweet little words it hits me again, "I'm a MOM!"  "I'm married, to a great man!"  
When I get together with the girls that came yesterday evening, it reminds me that I have some really great friends.  Friends that would drop what they are doing if I needed them.  Even though we sometimes go for months and months without an actual conversation.
I have friends and family that loves me.  I'm a SAHM (Stay-at-Home-Mom), part time WAHM (Work-at-Home-Mom), loving writing and am filled with passion about Lis's Root & Sprout.
I'm a lucky Gal, and a winner, and a product reviewer.  I'm an involved parent, and crafty, and thrifty.....  I live in a castle and drive a chariot.  I have brother's that are awesome....  In-laws that are also awesome....
I'm a lucky Farmer*sWife...
And, I'm living in a country that while not perfect -- is one of the best places to live -- there are others far worse with war and violence in the streets daily.  Not that we don't have our own issues with crime, and gangs, and poverty, healthcare and economics.
But, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  
Happy 4th of July and may life treat you well.  May you fill your mind and heart with happiness and optimism and may all good things follow suit and come to you. :-)


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Cat said...

I love this post!

I can't wait until I get to live in my dream house! (I'm totally jealous of you there)

You're right, we live in a great country!

Have a great 4th of July!

BSOB said...

happiness is contagious! i feel happier already - its great reading about a happy life. thanks FW

Krishna said...

sniff sniff. We had a blast too. You are so optomistic. Hope the ribs were delicious! don't forget to send me the picture!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love this post so much, I might steal the idea. You are so right, I am living the American Dream also. Totally agree with you.
Kim

Knight said...

You are a very lucky gal and you deserve to it! I'm happy for you and your lucky family for having you.

Anonymous said...

What a great Independence Day post!

Summer is very busy here, with visitors and visiting, appointments with dentists and doctors, fun activities -- planned and spontaneous...
So if I don't get the chance to stop by before we take off on vacation, I wanted to be sure I wished you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yes, I know it's awfully early, but since I've already perfected the belated birthday greetings, I thought I might try my hand at the early kind...
:)

Labels