Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tricycle Races :-D

So John Deere Dude and the Missus say that there is an event happening today (in support of a good cause; a cat refuge -- cool place too! You wouldn't believe the construction and the play areas for this place) and they say -- "they have fun stuff today, brats and crout, cold beer and tricycle races."
Me: Really? I bet they aren't just for the kids. I bet they have them for the grown-ups too! I mean, there's beer -- and it's a fund-raiser thingie. [Big smile crosses my face.]
I bet I can win. ;-) I can still tricycle with the best of them you know. That's a perk of being 5'4 and 108lbs. I still fit on a trike pretty tight! [Okay, I sit on the back step but still; I have a definite advantage.]
I'd be out practicing right now on the drive, except the kids left the Radio Flyer trike behind my old SUV and the tire was smashed and unfixable. I guess I could try the Flying Turtle; you know, to get my legs and arms in the swing of things. :-D
Remember those? Flying Turtles:
So, I shall be taking my camera and my generic HD flip-cam and maybe be posting some video of me triking across the finish line.
Happy Saturday! Oh, and it's an Octoberfest thingie too -- so, I could dress up all German. (Un-Perk: I don't fit into those skimpy German Bar Queen corsets so well anymore. Poo, no free admission for me.)

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

Have fun!

Prohomemaker.Com said...

LOL you gotta be really careful when you type "triking" because otherwise, you would be "tricking" your way across the finish line, and that's a whole other thing.
:-)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Too, too much fun! (I'd skip the active racing and just cheer you on from the sidelines with my beer and brats.)

And I wish I had internet back when my kids were younger. I TOTALLY would have bought a pair of "turtles" for my boys!

Labels