Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Sunday, January 3, 2010

RESOLUTIONS...I shall resolve.

When I was younger (like way younger) I would always have some resolutions.  Typically, a few freebies and then one or two 'life changing' hard ones.  One year I gave up red meat; I made it about ten months.  It was a deal I did with a friend of mine; she also would refuse styrofoam due to the ozone and landfills and all.  This was like, 16-20 years ago, LOL!

My how time flies.

Anyhow, as I've gotten older I've found that it is still nice to have some resolutions = some goals to plan for.  But, I have a hard time challenging myself.  I like to keep them doable - as in, I'm probably already doing them. ;-)  [See how that works?]

Like how about, "not taking up smoking?"  Yeah, I know I can nail that one.

Um, give up beer......    ........     pbltpbltpblt!  :-D  I tried that for lent once, that's the last time I'll do that.  Five weeks?  Doable.  Nine and a 1/2 months of pregnancy; well, a must for a just cause.  But, a year just for the sake of a resolution?  No Way Jose.  Though, I could save a few bucks...  And, maybe improve on my rate of efficiency.  Though, I'd become a stark raving B!t$h....

Okay, so lemme' put a few hard ones down.

Scrapbooking.  [I know that one is easy because I love to do it.]  Do you know I haven't really scrapbooked in a year?  GASP!  I'm hundreds of pictures, holidays and events behind.  So, I'm going to take the first week of this year to get the house and my schedule in order.

Then, I'm hoping I can make a certain day my scrapbook day and spend it just crafting away to a good movie or something.  As you can tell, I'll have to work out all other chores, errands, appointments and duties into the 6 days a week -- so this is a harder task than one might think.

Reading.  Oh, yeah.  I read a lot.  And, lately since I fell in love with the whole Twilight saga I've found myself longing for more addictive reads that way.  As opposed to the self-improvement books, children's books, parenting books, etc that I've read (and often reviewed) over this past year.

Now that I have my fancy-smashzy KINDLE I've already downloaded the first in the "Sookie" series!  Lis recommended it.  I'm half way through reading Precipice for the third time with additional rewrites and changes before it had its final publication at ireadiwrite.

AND, I have the PDF for the final, final revisions on the Seventh Tribe, also by Lis.  I have to read this in finality before she'll send me chapters of the second in the series.  I'm super anxious and excited to rejoin this cast of characters in their new endeavors and mythological/paranormal lives. :-D

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I could clear out another day (okay, say morning or mid-afternoon before the kids get home) for just reading.

Writing.  I'm enrolled in this e-course for children and young adult writing.  It's been fun so far; though, it does make me question myself and my abilities every once in awhile.  I don't like the feeling you get inside when that little voice creeps in and whispers negativism to your ego and psyche.  If anything, I'm building and growing my skills and creativity.  So, I definitely have to keep on top of my writing and dedicate time to it, if not daily -- at least every few days.

You know, I quit doing the PFC sometime ago.  I wish I would have stuck with it.  But, now I need to focus on writing for children....but, maybe I'll pick that back up again later on.  And, I want to work on building my sources for publication via e-zines.  [Easier said than done, but it sure is encouraging when one is getting paid here and there for putting together facts and tid bits.]

So, there are some hard ones.  We'll see how it flies.  In the least, if I pick up my scissors and glue stick again, read some really enjoyable reads this year, and complete my writing course (passing, that is), I think I'll get credit for all three.

So, you got any?


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My only goal this year is to find an agent. ;-)

I've got boxes and boxes of photos that need to be sorted and organized, not to mention tons on my hard drive. Maybe that should be a goal, too?!

The Queen said...

yeppers, I'm gonna drink with my left hand this year. Right now, my right arm is so much larger than my left.. time to build up the left arm.

now.. I"m off to the pub

Jay said...

I'm not doing any resolutions this year. Other than some vague "do better at everything" kind of plan. ;-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

give up beeers????? no way! Maybe you should resolve to post more funny vlogs :)

sea gull lighting said...

My goal is to take more pictures!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Let's all welcome in the New Year together! ;-)

Prohomemaker.Com said...

You're the better person than I. I made no resolutions other than hoping this year is a little less eventful. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those do sound ambitious! I'm sure you'll enjoy trying to find time for all of them, and I'm sure you will!

I'm recycling resolutions I've used before. :)

Em

Labels