Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Friday, February 12, 2010

Four Heads in a Bed

Mama said, "Goodnight. I need my rest."
With that she rolled over and lay down her head.

Daddy agrees and turns off the T.V.
Better to get some good rest instead.

In the middle of the night feet pitter patter.
Mama asks son, "What's the matter?"

"I had a bad dream..."
"Well Climb on in and rest your head," Mama said.

A little while longer there are tippie toes.
Daughter also has nightmare woes...

"Mama, Mama I had a bad dream.
Can I sleep with you in the great big bed?"

"Sure my little one, come rest your head."

And, that is how my night went.  Thank the Lord for our wonderful King Sized bed.  After awhile I still found myself hanging on the side so that the children would sleep without bothering each other.  Then, Lil'Gal comes and finds me at close to 5:am.

She has to go potty and is still scared from her dream.  After that, she decides she's no longer sleepy and would rather play.  But, I made her climb in her bed and I lay there with her until she fell back asleep.  Thank goodness or this would have been a hard day for everyone.

So, this is it.  I'm about to blow dry my hair, make breakfast, and head out the door.  My appointment is scheduled first thing so after we drop the kids we'll be on our way.

Wish me luck and I'll be back to bloggin' soon!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Kristi Faith said...

Such a sweet and clever poem. :0)
Good luck!! I hope your recovery is quick! :)

Anonymous said...

Great poem!
When I saw that you had posted, I thought you were already disobeying doctor's orders!

Labels