Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Sunday, September 12, 2010

'A Bitch Named Karma' (A Must Read)

I found this book over at The Writer's Cocoon, which also happens to be the blog belonging to the author, Stephanie Haefner.

After having thrown myself fully into the world of paranormal and smutty romance I didn't think a chick-lit book about a normal gal, with normal guys and normal problems would capture my fancy again.

I.  WAS.  WRONG.

This book kept me laughing, literally out loud, and sometimes even cringing at the directness in which the main character addresses life, friends and even her family.

When Lexi used the term Penis (you can only imagine the conversation) astonishing her 'Mrs. Cleaver' type mom and knocking her back slightly, I about fell out of my chair.

Lexi, the main character, is a self-motivated, strong minded, 'have it all' and tell it like it is kinda' Gal.  And she does have everything.  Career, boyfriend, fancy apartment and the cute little chihuahua to go with.  Oh, and shoes. ;-)

Unfortunately, Lexi's perfect world is soon turned upside down when she crosses paths with Karma.  Her life, literally, goes up in flames.  Karma striking out from all angles leaves Lexi with nothing but her soon to be out-of-the-closet hunk of a best friend.

While digging her heals in as she tries to pull herself out from under Karma's wicked ways, Lexi crosses paths with an adorable young hottie several years her junior.  What chemistry they share!

Amidst it all she has to deal with family drama, ex-friends and an unexpected surprise shared only by she and her hunky, homosexual best friend.

This book has all the chemistry, all the wit, double the humor and sexy steamy scenes to go with!  The perfect Chick-lic, even if you are a paranormal connoisseur.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Sondrae Bennett said...

I could not agree more! I'm also a smutty paranormal romance kind of girl and picked this book up on a whim after having seen Stephanie's blog. I loved it! Great review!

Labels