Followers

Search me! :-) If you find it at Glass Half Full, it's all good!

Tweet Me! Tweet Me!

Follow Glass_Half_Full on Twitter

Saturday, March 12, 2011

CWCG #1: March 12th, 2011

Howdy everyone!  The day has come to start our Creative Writing Challenge Game.   I pulled out the dictionary and fanned the pages to find five words.  I also added a theme.  The one thing I realized about fanning the dictionary is that I have an idea of where I am in the dictionary and I had to try hard to 'not' think about the order of the alphabet as I fanned and peeked for each word.

Considering this, I googled and found this Creative Random Word Generator online.  I'm thinking I might start using this for the next challenge.  Though, those words weren't as random as the words I stumbled upon. [The five words the word generator came up with: system, donkey, bet, cup, froth.]

What do you think?

In the meantime, the words I came up with are listed below:


germicide - any antiseptic used to destroy germs
mischance - bad luck
extoll (or extol) - to praise highly
pinkie (or pinky) - the smallest finger
gander - a male goose; to look: chiefly in

Theme:  school

We'll make the deadline for this game April 1st, 2011.  When you post your story, please come back and comment here so we can go find you at your place and read what you've creatively written.  As you are writing please be sure to make note of any ideas that come to mind that might make this a more entertaining and interesting game.  You can share those here as well in the comment section.

Remember, there is no length or restriction on this.  You may write a paragraph or a page, however your story plays out.  One might even write a poem.  The only requirement is to use all the words and somehow associate them within the theme.

Good luck and go work those imaginative brain cells!


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN!!!! I can't wait to start brainstorming. :-D

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, but my plate is full already. I'll have to miss out on this opportunity. :(

Anonymous said...

Great theme, a few things pinged to mind as I was reading through. Can't wait to get a start on this!

Thanks for setting this up, I think it's going to be fun, fun, FUN!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun challenge. Looking forward to trying my hand at it, if I'm able to find the time!

-A

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

YAY! Audra, welcome aboard! I thought I would flounder when these were the words that fanned out of the dictionary.

And, then all of the sudden a scene popped in my head and after that I ran with it! :-) FUN!!

Kristi Faith said...

I can't wait to get started! :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Kristi, YAY!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Labels